"It has been 27 years..."

Dear Father Bloom,

It has been 27 years since I attended Church on a regular basis. Since then I have married a Catholic boy (I am Catholic too) but we were not married in the Church. We had a son who has not been christened. I study the bible and pray independently. We want to return to the Catholic Church, what do we need to do to make things right?



Dear Carol,

Good to hear of your desire to return to the Catholic Church. It's pretty simple. Just call a local parish and ask what you need to do to have your marriage blessed in the Church ("convalidated"). The priest (or parish staff person) will guide you thru the steps. As Jesus said, "Do not be afraid." My prayers for both of you.

God bless,

Fr. Phil Bloom

Other Questions